I was told by a friend last week that Norman had been convicted and sentenced to six years for attacking a bailiff with a chainsaw in defense of his home.
I've since, with the help of a friend, Nick Gracie, dug deeper into this alleged attack.
The first thing we found was a report in the Yorkshire Evening post - http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/central-leeds/six_years_for_chainsaw_pensioner_1_2064093
Published on Saturday 23 June 2001 08:58
A VIOLENT pensioner who attacked a bailiff with a chainsaw was today starting a six-year jail sentence.
Judge David Bentley had heard how Norman Scarth, 75, who had refused to obey an order to quit a house, shouted to bailiffs who went to evict him: “I’ll let one of you in and whoever comes out alive can have the house.”
When the bailiffs entered the house he went for one with a chainsaw, and tried to stab another.
The two Leeds County Court bailiffs were so traumatised by the incident they have been unable to work since.
Scarth was convicted in April at Sheffield Crown Court of wounding bailiff Alan Teale with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm.
The judge told the ex-serviceman: “This was a serious and highly dangerous assault. Your intention when you attacked the bailiff was to cause him grievous bodily harm.”
The judge said that in 1999, the executors of the late Mr Denis Roberts began proceedings against Scarth to recover possession of a house at Gledhow Park Grove, Leeds, where he was living.
But he disregarded a court order to quit and a warrant was issued for possession, and he was warned that bailiffs would be attending on June 20 last year.
The judge said: “Two bailiffs attended to execute the warrant and police officers were close at hand.
“When the bailiffs arrived, you were ready and waiting. Barbed wire had been strung across the door and slogans were daubed on the house.
“In at least two of the rooms were gas cylinders with rags wrapped around the nozzles and you had weapons including a chain saw, two knives and a piece of wood studded with nails.”
As the bailiffs mounted the stairs, they saw a bedroom door ahead of them and Mr Teale pushed open the door.
The Judge added: “You started up the chainsaw and immediately lunged at Mr Teale with it.
“He received cuts to his hand as he pushed the blade away. Had the blade sliced into his abdomen, the injury would have been serious if not fatal. You then took a knife and tried to stab Mr Teale, but at that point bailiff Lynden Evans managed to disarm you.
“It was a premeditated planned attack and it has left Mr Teale with a permanent disability to his right hand.
“Both he and Lynden Evans have suffered post traumatic stress and have been unable to work since.”
The judge said he believed that Scarth’s motive for the attack was to get himself prosecuted to provide a platform to air grievances about police and the judiciary.
He added: “You have shown no remorse.
“In the police van you were heard chuckling and when you were asked why you said you were amused by the injury to Mr Teale.”
The judge said Scarth was rude and abusive to witnesses at his trial, calling the bailiffs “wimps” and added: “I believe there is a substantial risk of you committing violent offences in the future.
“Your behaviour during your trial demonstrates you are highly aggressive and have little or no control.
“I am satisfied that you are possessed and are obsessive and labour under the delusion that you are a victim of judicial persecution.
“I bear in mind your hitherto good character and your service record but this remains a very grave offence.”
l Mr Scarth had served aboard HMS Matchless on the Russian convoys during the Second World War and in 1995 the Russian government awarded him a medal to mark the 50th anniversary of the end of the war.
Two years later he lost the medal while it was pinned to his beret as he made his way to a parade in London.
The same year he had also stood as a prospective parliamentary candidate in Castleford.
A rather damning report, I'm sure you'll agree. however, upon further digging we found Norman's take on this, which wholely contradicts what has been reported about him.
A note, in Norman's own words, was found at the end of a youtube, featuring Norman's speech at the BCG conference in ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98vnobZ6qEo
This note reads: "The reason i was jailed for six years was not for attacking a bailiff with a chainsaw. that was the pretense of a malicious prosecution and a kangaroo court hearing. The real reason I was sent to prison for six years (at the age of 75, the intention was that I would die there) was because of my manifesto at the 1997 general election and my book, Cause for Concern, published the same year, but most of all for my single handed success in the European Court of Human Rights. It brought a vital change to British law, a change most hated by lawyers and judges. they were determined I would never do the same again. My supposed 'crime' took place in July 2000. there has been a nation wide cover-up of what took place on the 8th of August 1999, 11 months before, a potentially lethal terror attack by a mob handed gang of West Yorkshire Police - being used as a private army - without even the pretense of a lawful excuse! All our lawyer controlled 'watchdogs' have been party to the cover-up of that police crime: 'Liberty', 'Justice', Ombudsmen, MPs, 'News Media', et al."
Next we found this blog - http://centurean2.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/norman-scarth-in-his-own-words-6-months-how-britain-treats-its-old-folk-shame/ - which tells Norman's story 'in his own words, mirroring Norman's own blogspot - http://normanscarth.blogspot.com/
Here Norman tells us:
31st December 2009 I was robbed of my life saving. £6,500.
1) Not a lot after a lifetime’s honest, hard work & fighting for my country in World War 2. It is not entirely my own fault. I have been robbed before. About 10 years ago crooked judges dived into my bank account (into which I had my old age pension paid) & grabbed every last penny – including the pensioner’s £10 Christmas bonus. Why? IT WAS REVENGE!
2) It was revenge for my 1997 General Election manifesto, for my book ‘Cause for Concern’ (published the same year), but particularly for my single-handed success in the European Court of Human Rights (case 33745/96). It brought a vital change into British law, incorporated into the 1998 Human Rights Act. The change is much hated by lawyers & judges - & I am hated for it.
3) That was only the start however: On 8th August 1999 there came a potentially lethal terror attack by a mob-handed gang of West Yorkshire Police (being used as a private army) – without even the pretence of a lawful excuse. They demanded entry & radioed for a battering ram & riot shields – against one solitary old man, doing no wrong in any shape or form.
4) The intention was to silence me by fear, a heart attack or a stroke the hoped for outcome. Few men of my age would not have had one or the other. Though my heart was pounding & my head bursting (as yours would have been) I defied them. Because a crowd of concerned neighbours had gathered, they did not use the battering ram, but instead laid siege to the house for three hours before backing off, saying, “We have decide this is not a police matter”, but adding the sinister threat – “We’ll be back!” (all that, & much more is on tape.)
5) In the days, weeks & months which followed, my desperate S.O.S. messages were faxed to EVERY watchdog in the land - & I do mean all of them! Amnesty International, Liberty, Justice, Ombudsmen & about 200 MPs. All of them being lawyer controlled, a curt brush-off came from only two; from the rest not even acknowledgment. It was obvious the police had licence to commit any crime against me with impunity.
6) For eleven months I dared leave the house only three times, imprisoned by fear - & I am not a timid man. My fear proved justified on 20th July 2000, when there came a second attack. This time (armed with a bogus Possession Order), they did smash into my home & gave me a brutal kicking that put me in hospital on intravenous treatment.
7) To cover up this police criminality I was stitched up for a non-existent ‘crime’. Instead of my attackers, it was me in the dock at Sheffield Crown Court, a Kangaroo Court if ever there was one. My witnesses & my evidence were banned, AS WERE THE PRESS!
So, the press were banned from this hearing! (I have emailed the crime editor at the Yorkshire Evening Post today, asking what was the source for the article they published in 2001, but have little doubt the paper was simply regurgitating what had been handed to it by the courts).
My own initial reaction to hearing that Norman had, alledgedly(!) attacked a bailiff intent on turning him out of his home was one of pride... To my mind, if that were ideed the case, then Norman was simply acting as he had been trained to act. This country instilled in him values such as 'an Englishman's home is his castle' then trained him to kill in defense of his home.
And yet even this turns out to be only a very small part of the story... Norman was being systematically persecuted by this lawless state, and had indeed been hospitalised himself at the hands of its attack dogs (or slaves with whips, as I see them).
The subesquent trial had been held behind closed doors and Norman was deprived of his life savings and his liberty.
But worse is to come, because when Normans sentence had been served, instead of releacing him, they carted him off to a mental hospital!
8) The sadistic Judge was David Ronald Bentley, who then lived with wife Christine at 311 Ecclesall Road, Sheffield. Three times when I complained about his gross misconduct he had me literally dragged & thrown back to the cells.
9) He fed monstrous lies to the specially selected jury (all relatives & friends of police) to get the verdict he wanted. Then, for a first ‘offence’ by a 75 year old WW 2 veteran, imposed a sentence to ensure I died in prison. Well, I didn’t die, but lived long enough to have ‘Paid My Debt to Society’, & was due to walk free on 25th April 2005.
10) Instead, aged 79, weighing 8 stone, with spondulosis, osteo-arthritis & congenital fusion of the spine, in double handcuffs, escorted by three sadistic screws & a 'nurse', I was unlawfully carted off to Newton Lodge Gulag ‘Mental Hospital’,
Since finally, and fortuitously regaining his liberty Norman has tirelessly campaigned to expose the corruption inherent in the British 'justice' system, and has, yet again, at the age of 85, paid the price and lost his liberty!
Norman is currently serving six months at HMP Leeds, following a summary conviction for recording in court (if they had nothing to hide, they would have nothing to fear!). A summary conviction means that Norman has had no trial, and receive no due process of law.
In a effort to redress this, a motion for a writ of habeas corpus was brought before the Royal Courts of Justice (what a grossly misleading title!) yesterday, 25th August 2011, and was refused. Bail was also refused and Norman remains unlawfully inprisoned by the state!
It is reported by Norman that he is being denied medication prescribed by his GP for muscle cramps, he is being denied any exercise as he cannot manage the full hour and the prison governor will not allow him part of the hour, he is being denied visitors and an has even been refused an extra blanket to keep him warm at night, thus he's forced to sleep in his clothes in an effort to stay warm!
Having taken the time to go through all of this you might imagine that right now I am one very angry woman, and you would be correct! However, I am all too aware that this system flourishes of such energy, even as I am deprived of my natural positive energy.
We must be sure not to capitulate to their energy vampirism, not to capitulate to fear or anger... We must be better, stranger and more determined that than.
We have a task at hand, and that is to establish our own jurisdiction, on based on truth, honour, respect and the rule of our own common law - (not that which they determine is common law, but our own, derived from our own knowledge of what is right and what is wrong! - Cause no harm, loss or injury; It really couldn't be simpler.)
In order to establish that jurisdiction we must remain calm and loving, peaceful and non-violent, yet firm, steadfast and dedicated to our path.
We are intelligent, sentient beings, and we have a most important task to fulfil. We will only be hindered in that if we resort to violence and find ourselves facing martial law!
Next Thursday 1st September Norman has a hearing at the Court of Appeal in London (I will update with the address when I know it).
And so this is a CALL TO ACTION!!! in support of Norman Scarth and in support of ending the reign of terror imposed the world over by the 'British Legal System'.
We need as many souls there as we can possibly get to stand against this gross injustice and corruption and to state loudly, once and for all, that it ends now BY OUR WILL!
Love. Peace. Unity!